These are our current club guidelines. Members will be notified when changes are made to the club guidelines.
01. We will say the pledge of allegiance at the start of each meeting. This is voluntary
02. Club officers are appointed.
03. Club officers will receive no monies or compensation.
04. If any officer wishes to resign, any member can replace him or her with the membership approval.
05. There will be no alcohol at any club activities.
06. Membership fee to join is $20.00 per year. The year will run from August to August. Any male or female wanting to join has to be 18 years of age. Children of members under 18 years of age will pay ten dollars dues each a year. Dues are to be paid during the month of August each year. When dues notices are sent out a member will receive two notices to pay his/her dues. If the dues are still delinquent after 10 days, we will conclude that the member has no interest in staying in the club and that members name will be removed from the club roster.
07. For new members that join before or after August, dues will be pro rated, depending on the month he or she joins. (about $1.66 a month) Dues are non refundable.
08. The club is a not for profit organization.
09. Upon joining members will receive a club cap.
10. If members wish to purchase an extra club cap, the cost is $12.00.
11. New members will receive a demonstration on target extraction.
12. There will be five, free to members drawings at each meeting for silver coins.
13. There will be a 50/50 drawing at each meeting.Tickets will be $1.00 each, no limit.
14. Attending spouses of members can enter 50/50 drawings.
15. In the event of a member or members spouses death, the club will send a sympathy card and $20 dollars.
16. Starting in June 2018 the club will hold a coin hunt for club members.
17. When the club has door prize drawings at the annual White Elephant party in December, the prizes will be laid out on a table and will have a container in front of them. A club member will buy a one dollar ticket and place it in the container by the prize they want to win. You may buy as many tickets for as many prizes as you want. This way members won’t win prizes they don’t need or want.
18. Club meetings are always held on the last Saturday of every month.The meetings start at 12:30 pm eastern time and will always be at Bay View Manor at 217 Dakota avenue in Gladstone, MI.
The yoopercoinshooters metal detecting club was started on March 13th 2010.
The main objective of the club is to promote the hobby to any youths or adults that inquire or seem interested in the hobby and help members learn their detectors and how to extract coins in a manner that will leave the grounds in the same condition as it was previously.
Members will retain any junk items and deposit such items in the proper waste containers.
We will always get permission from the property owner or city or state municipality before detecting any areas.