1. Always check federal, state and local laws regarding metal detecting before searching.
2. Respect landowners and always obtain permission before entering private property.
3. Always use proper recovery methods. Fill all holes and do no damage.
4. Always take your trash with you, leave the area better than you found it.
5. Appreciate and protect our heritage of natural resources, wildlife and private property.
6. As an ambassador of the sport, use thoughtfulness, consideration and courtesy at all times.
7. Never damage or remove any historically significant or archaeological treasures.
8. Always leave gates as found and never tamper with signs or equipment.
9. Do not destroy property, buildings or what is left of any deserted ghost towns or structures.